I write music that is fun, rhythmic, colourful, versatile and entertaining. I could compose some just for you. I’m really great at adapting to your stylistic preferences and performance characteristics, so contact me and let’s discuss your composerly requirements!
Some recent commissions and requests include:
- A musical for youngsters about their local area in Wakefield, UK, including songs in rock, reggae, ballad, medieval and folk styles.
- A 30-minute song cycle for double choir, Northumbrian pipes and piano celebrating and exploring the observations of a 19th century traveller through the varied and beautiful Percy county of Northumberland.
- Short piano pieces for beginners included in the “Sunrise” album, published by the Wellington Piano and Instrumental Group in New Zealand.
- An evocative soundscape for percussion ensemble inspired by Mick Oxley’s paintings of a turbulent North Sea.
- A selection of songs for choir and small ensembles based on art works exhibited at the Hepworth Gallery in Wakefield.